Careers at Made Goods
Made Goods is a wholesale brand focused on creating special statement pieces and elevated basics for designers and boutiques. Thoughtful design, unique materials, and unexpected proportions are just a few of the hallmarks of our sought-after collections.
Sound intriguing? We are always looking for creative, intelligent, and self-motivated people to join our family!
Account Manager – NY
AHD is a growing family of luxury home décor brands (Made Goods, Pigeon & Poodle, Blue Pheasant) servicing the interior design and boutique distribution channels. We succeed by having a constant focus on exceeding our demanding customers’ expectations in all areas, including design, quality, service and product availability. We strive to be better every day at what we do, which has led to our continued strong growth.
We are looking to add a new Account Manager to our team. The role requires someone who is good with people, able to multi-task and detail oriented. He/she will be responsible for working with our customers, providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems. Travel to trade shows may be involved
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Opens customer accounts by evaluating customer information and recording account information.
- Develops client relationship through follow up and interaction with client and sales rep if appropriate.
- Maintains relationship with the client and with the sales reps. Regularly follows up with clients on order and payment status.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
- Manages the work related activities of one or more Customer Service Representatives
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience managing account relationships via phone and email
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Friendly, good with people, detail oriented, problem solving, attention to detail, documentation skills, listening, resolving conflict, analyzing information, multi-tasking
Desk Top Support Technician
The Desktop Support Technician plays an important role within Ardmore Home Design. This role is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to our personnel, resolves issues in a professional and timely manner, establishes and follows standard procedures, and tracks helpdesk tickets to closure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance and support to internal users as well as our nationwide sales team and showrooms
- Resolves helpdesk support tickets and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support
- Documents policies and procedures and provides end user training
- Maintain IT Knowledge base articles
- Maintains daily performance of computer systems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Assist with the management of assist, software and hardware management.
- Follow up with end users to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Provides weekly and monthly metrics IT management.
- High School Diploma plus 4 years related work experience; or, Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies and 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated continuous learning pursuit of ongoing IT knowledge and professional development
- Proven track record of providing superior customer service to an internal customer base
- Expert Experience with Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX, installation, support, and troubleshooting
- Expert Experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013/2016/2011 for Mac/2016 for Mac
- Demonstrated experience providing support with remote tools
- Demonstrated experience with using a Helpdesk Ticketing Systems
- Solid experience using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (managing permissions, delegation, calendar sharing, etc.)
- Basic User and Security Group Active Directory administration
- Basic PC network connectivity set-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting (Ethernet, TCP/IP, Remote VPN)
- File server folder maintenance knowledge, such as mapped and UNC Drives
- Experience with PC imaging software and best practices
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office application issues
- Ability to communicate technical information to a wide range of (mostly non-technical) end-users
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer focused and able to deal with customer issues in a friendly, professional manner
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and crawl/reach to install components and cabling
If interested please email your cover letter and resume.
The Upholsterer will be responsible to make or repair upholstery for designed furniture.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, and/or staples.
- Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Make, restore, and/or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of following sketches and design specifications.
- Inspect Furniture before it is touched up
- Keep designated racks filled with cushions – clean and organize
- Maintain the central upholstery area clean
Product Data Coordinator
The Product Data Coordinator is responsible for the systematic creation, maintenance, and inactivation of items, SKUs, and BOMs in the Product Data Record and ERP system.
- Assists with new product, item, BOM, and attribute creation, maintenance, and inactivation
- Inputs and manages the product data master record, ensuring consistency, correctness, and timeliness
- Identifies and validates product data along established guidelines
- Audits, validates, reviews and maintains sets of Master Data for consistency and correctness within established guidelines, in periodic or ad hoc situations
- Investigates data related issues and/or questions raised by users of all levels and functions within the organization
- Effectively present results and learning from daily observation and understanding of key issues regarding master data
- Administers the complete change management process both systematically and functionally for product master data
- Ensures the accuracy of BOM creation/revisions, item attributes and naming conventions
- Reviews and determines the correct course of action, and implements changes to the product record as requested by users
- Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information from a variety of levels and technical proficiencies
- Insightful - skilled at identifying opportunities for increasing business efficiency
- Detail oriented and accurate - minimizes mistakes, follows every step in a process and follows through with all tasks. Double checks work for accuracy and completeness
- Problem Solver - performs root cause analysis to resolve issues. Understands cause and effect. Takes initiative to resolve problems
- Time & Project Management - Comfortable working within tight and changing deadlines, able to work independently and set priorities. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Judgement – Shows ability to intake, weigh, and determine correct procedures with minimal oversight. Understands what falls outside of the range of acceptable decisions and seeks supervisory consultation and approval in those cases
*Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with ERP preferred
The Sales Manager will cultivate growth opportunities with existing customers while identifying new distribution models for the Pigeon & Poodle, Blue Pheasant and Thucassi brands. This position is also responsible to continuous improvement of our external sales organization to ensure all Sales Representatives are adding value to the relationship between our customer and Ardmore Home Design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of sales plans and strategies for showrooms and sales representatives.
- Facilitate clear and effective communication between internal sales support and the field.
- Work directly with house accounts in all aspects of order creation and management.
- Inform sales representatives, showroom personnel, and customers on company activity and market data conducive to meeting objectives.
- Create plans to maximize engagement and revenue at trade shows.
- Develop travel schedules with Sales Representatives to visit retail partners.
- Gather and report relevant and actionable market data to senior management.
- Participate in projects and complete other duties as assigned.
- Identify opportunities within our brand portfolio or on a private label basis.
- Knowledge of and experience in the home furnishings industry
- 2-5 years management experience
- Excellent people and time management skills
- Strong verbal/written skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
Showroom Manager – IL
AHD is a growing family of luxury home décor brands (Made Goods, Pigeon & Poodle, Blue Pheasant) servicing the interior design and boutique distribution channels. We succeed by having a constant focus on exceeding our demanding customers’ expectations in all areas, including design, quality, service and product availability. We strive to be better every day at what we do, which has led to our continued strong growth. We are looking for a Showroom Manager to join our team.
Manage/run to the trade showroom. Establish and attain sales goals. Provide outstanding customer service. Ensure the showroom is visually and aesthetically well-merchandised. Promote brand awareness. Manage, motivate showroom team to meet goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet monthly /annual established goals.
- Report weekly activity. Include volume, requests made, trends, challenges, feedback and opportunities.
- List items sold off the floor and collaborate with internal team about suggestions for replacements/re-orders.
- Produce a monthly report covering objectives set, results achieved and sales performance, collating forward indicators. Accurately monitor, analyze and report sales patterns and trends.
- Generate weekly call logs and establish customer list.
- Dedicated and consistent out reach
- Weekly calls to active and inactive customers
- Maintain the Ardmore Home Design image to the highest standards.
- Increase exposure of all brands.
- Educate customers about product design, inspiration, custom options, materials used and capabilities.
- Network with the design community. Attend trade events that feature designers and Ardmore Home Design brands.
- Share local press/features with management and marketing.
- Develop and extend the customer account base through local marketing/ initiatives.
- Conducts social media/email campaigns specific to the showroom region
- Extend the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Reflect positively the image and philosophy of the Ardmore Home Design brands.
- Respond promptly to customer requests, liaising with customer service, account managers and the front office to provide quotes, sales orders and resolve queries.
- Advise on natural variances, color and suitability.
- Learn internal operating system to generate quotes, provide pricing, product availability and information.
- Request and order necessary showroom supplies.
- Liaise with trade people as needed. Co-operate with other showrooms as required.
- Maintain good relations with building neighbors.
- Update management with news and events within the building.
- Perform additional administrative tasks as needed/required.
- Open and close the showroom daily, covering in case of an absence or emergency.
- Manage part time or full time staff.
- Ensure individual and staff attendance.
- Provide adequate cover for lunches/ holidays/sickness.
- Assist in recruiting and training of new staff.
- Plan and monitor employee development and training to achieve maximum performance, productivity and job satisfaction.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment, ensuring all occupational and health and safety guidelines are met.
- College Degree; BA in Business or combination of education and experience.
- Proven management experience in leading, motivating, developing a team
- Knowledge of and relationships with design community
- High end customer service and luxury retail experience
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to multitask
- Computer savvy, experienced with till systems, Excel, Word
- Exceptional communicator both written and verbal
- Proven sales and customer satisfaction record
- Determined and driven for results
- Highly organized and able to work in a busy retail environment
- Diligent and conscientious
- Analytical thinker with strong numerical abilities
- Team player/commitment to group goals
- Eye for color and design
- Creative Innovator – committed to constant improvement
Tradeshow Visual Merchant
We are looking for a Visual Merchant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for executing and maintaining visual standards and corporate direction relating to brand presentation for showrooms and tradeshows. (10-12 tradeshows/showrooms annually). A background in the home furnishings industry, with a strong emphasis on merchandising and managing the setup of tradeshows and/or showrooms is beneficial.The ability to travel 40-50% of the year is required.
- Maintain, analyze, and adjust seasonal floor plans for tradeshows and showrooms in designated market/s
- Layout multiple product SKUs prior to tradeshow or showroom setup; execute a visual layout based on available SKUs and SKUs arriving in tradeshow or showroom
- Analyze product sales in order to feature best-selling products; able to strategically analyze sales information to decide which SKUS to remove from a showroom/tradeshow inventory
- Partner with Visual Merchandising Manager and Visual Construction Manager to recognize and address brand presentation in designated markets
- Contribute and design new merchandising strategies with a brand specific focus
- Develop and source displays and fixtures when applicable
- Assist in management and coordination of local freelance labor when needed
- Work with visual team to order graphics, logos or other collateral as necessary
- Ability to size logos, photos, interface with printers or outside graphics companies
- Participate in various tradeshows and live events
- Travel as needed for tradeshow and showroom setups
- Experience working for a high-end reputable brand, preferably in home furnishings
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketch Up and Adobe Suite
- Pro-active; able to figure things out with little direction
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and make decisions quickly
- Works effectively in high pressure situations
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate future needs without being told by upper management
- Sophisticated problem solving skills; able to make split decisions with little information on hand
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
If you are interested in applying for one of the open positions or have someone you would like to refer please contact Human Resources.
If you have an interest in joining the Made Goods team, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.