Careers at Made Goods
Made Goods is a wholesale brand focused on creating special statement pieces and elevated basics for designers and boutiques. Thoughtful design, unique materials, and unexpected proportions are just a few of the hallmarks of our sought-after collections.
Sound intriguing? We are always looking for creative, intelligent, and self-motivated people to join our family!
Product Development Coordinator
This position supports the designer in the development of seasonal assortment plans.
- Document sample requests from the designer.
- Assist the designer in maintaining procurement documents in a systematic and auditable fashion.
- Maintain WIP reports for assigned areas and categories.
- Responsible for tracking samples from initial development to ordering stage.
- Communicate requests to agents/factories, getting sample timing and cost as well as addressing any questions that arise.
- Resolve issues regarding samples with the design director or directly with agents/factories.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery of samples, with a particular focus on maintaining timelines.
- Assist in the transitioning samples to the production team, answering questions on the product and making sure all necessary information needed to manufacture piece is communicated.
- Update and maintain assortment sheets to provide real time information.
Customer Account Manager
He/she will be responsible for working with our customers, providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems. Travel to trade shows may be involved.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Opens customer accounts by evaluating customer information and recording account information.
- Develops client relationship through follow up and interaction with client and sales rep if appropriate.
- Maintains relationship with the client and with the sales reps. Regularly follows up with clients on order and payment status.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Maintains financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
- Manages the work related activities of one or more Customer Service Representatives.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
Warehouse Associates – Several positions available
Shipping Team, Receiving Team, P&P Team, Picking Team, Palletizing (The Warehouse Associate role requires someone who will be responsible for assisting in a variety of warehouse duties, unloading and loading trucks, fulfilling purchase orders, and keeping warehouse stocked with essential equipment)
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label and ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label and store)Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment. Follow quality service standards and comply with procedure, rules and regulations.
- Receive trucks and unload merchandise. Stack merchandise on racks.
- Complete diary logs into inventory. Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers. Check in merchandise and affix labels.
- Fulfill customer orders.
- Move materials off racks and package for shipment.
- Place merchandise on pallets or shelves for distribution.
- Record amounts of materials or items received.
- Sort material according to size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the warehouse supervisor/manager.
- Identify damage, loss, or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse.
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization.
The Upholsterer will be responsible to make or repair upholstery for designed furniture.
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, and/or staples.
- Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces.
- Make, restore, and/or create custom upholstered furniture, using hand tools and knowledge of following sketches and design specifications.
- Inspect Furniture before it is touched up.
- Keep designated racks filled with cushions – clean and organize.
- Maintain the central upholstery area clean.
Trade Show Operations Manager
This role requires someone who will provide trade show operational support. This person must be extremely detail oriented, organized, proactive and accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
- Coordinate trade shows including planning, prepping and follow through in relation to all trade show activities.
- Responsible for reconciling all expenses for every trade show or showroom.
- Reconcile credit card statements with proper codes for accounting, gather staff expense reports and itemize, enter all expenses into a spreadsheet for trade show manager.
- Book all travel, lodging, catering and other assorted arrangements for trade show team and sales team.
- Create and maintain travel schedules.
- Create staff travel packs for every trade show/showroom setup.
- Source all supplies and props as they relate to each trade show or showroom; experience sourcing materials and supplies is a must.
- Manage the print and marketing materials for each showroom/trade show. Work with marketing department to create an annual schedule and deadlines. (forms, price tags, catalogs, price lists, etc.)
- Responsible for quantities ordered, gathering those quantities and ensuring receipt of quantities requested. Ensuring the materials get to final destination by working with trade show Logistics.
- Occasionally manage a team of 2-8 people while traveling.
- Manage operational setup of trade show booths and breakdown of booths at show end.
- Setup the offices, computer systems, internet, tag the booths, and other operational aspects.
- Manage on-site contractors, electricians and outside labor teams if necessary.
Trade Show Administrative Assistant
This person must be extremely detail oriented, organized, proactive and accustomed to meeting tight deadlines. The ability to multi-task and work under pressure and will be working on 10-15 trade shows/showrooms a year.
- Assist the trade show Coordinator with reconciling expenses. When necessary you will gather staff expenses and assist in reconciling credit card statements.
- Work with visual team to order graphics, logos or other collateral as necessary.
- Ability to size logos, photos, interface with printers or outside graphics companies is a must.
- Manage photo library used to design trade shows/showrooms.
- Print and organize photos of inventory in each showroom/trade show.
- Maintain photo files and update photos needed.
- Assist in ordering supplies and props.
- Assist trade show Coordinator with order taking systems and machines. Download all SKUS, photos and other pertinent information from corporate office into scanning machines used to take orders at show.
- Assist with requests from outside showrooms throughout the year.
- Occasional travel to trade shows/showrooms to setup or breakdown when necessary.
- When not attending trade shows, this person will assist in other office duties as assigned.
Showroom Manager - NY
Manage/run a trade showroom. Establish and attain sales goals by providing outstanding customer service. Ensure the showroom is visually and aesthetically well-merchandised. Promote brand awareness. Manage, motivate showroom team to meet goals and objectives.
- Work as a team with outside sales representation to meet monthly /annual established goals.
- Report weekly activity. Include volume, requests made, trends, challenges, feedback and opportunities.
- List items sold off the floor and collaborate with internal team about suggestions for replacements/re-orders.
- Produce a monthly report covering objectives set, results achieved and sales performance, collating forward indicators. Accurately monitor, analyze and report sales patterns and trends.
- Generate weekly call logs and establish customer list.
- Maintain the Ardmore Home Design image to the highest standards.
- Increase exposure of all brands.
- Educate customers about product design, inspiration, custom options, materials used and capabilities.
- Network with the design community. Attend trade events that feature designers and Ardmore Home Design brands.
- Share local press/features with management and marketing.
- Develop and extend the customer account base through local marketing/ initiatives.
- Extend the highest levels of customer service at all times.
- Reflect positively the image and philosophy of the Ardmore Home Design brands.
- Respond promptly to customer requests, liaising with customer service, account managers and the front office to provide quotes, sales orders and resolve queries.
- Advise on natural variances, color and suitability.
If you are interested in applying for one of the open positions or have someone you would like to refer please contact Human Resources.
If you have an interest in joining the Made Goods team, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.